Sunday, December 23, 2007

Thinking about past Christmas projects

I was messing around the house today and almost decided it was a good time to remodel the bathroom, it needs it! But now?
I have a major disease called workaholic. When I get a bit of free time, I need/find things to keep myself busy around the house or I'll go do things at work. How my family puts up with my idiosyncrasy is nothing short of amazing. Here is an example of just how bad I can get.... Mind you, I started this one on December 24th.........


The Car port before Christmas
It was looking very tired and my Father-in-law was interested in helping me build a new room. The catch, he could only be down for 8 days! We had to get this to a point in 8 days, where I could finish it on my own.


December 24th
The foundation begins to the " Dog House"
Dear God ! What have I got myself in to?



December 26th
Framed! still can't believe how fast two guys drinking a shit load of beer can work!
I came to the conclusion, my Father-in-Law and I are fuel injected!



December 28th
Bathroom framed, electrical started and roof begins. That was the hardest damn pitched roof I've ever done!


December 30th
I only have 2 more days of help with my Father-in-Law and we still don't have the roof done...Yeah, What! me worry ?



We did get the roof done before my Father-in-Law had to go back home. The sheet rock took for EVER! Partly due to, I had to go back to work on January 3rd and I was all by myself. My wife and I decided to try the bullnose style finishing of sheet rock, looks nice but use a crap load of mud.


The Bathroom
This was my first tile work and came out nice!


Three months later and I'm done!
I added the race fans to claim my damn room! The wife and her Mother were talking Victorian, HELL NO! To stop the progress of this atrocity to my game room, I found the most UN-Victorian fans. Yes, I was a bad boy!


The Dog House
I started this project in hopes to have a game room, sadly I didn't win that battle but the war is not over. We use it more as a guest house for now, I'm working on pissing off all our friends, so the house will be free for a game room.

2 comments:

Schmoop said...

Sweeeet. I wish I was that handy. I try, but my skills in this area are limited. Great job. I hope you had a good Christmas. Cheers!!

You can Call me AL said...

Thank you Matt!
I had a great Christmas...