Sunday, August 24, 2008

Thank God! it's FOOTBALL season...

Well folks, like I tell my wife(Football Widow) in September," Love you sexy and I'll see you in December." My team looks good but we're very young, I'll have to work my butt off to teach them.
We have 4 goals this season:

1. Get better each week.
2. Win League.
3. Kick the BEARS ass. ( Rival )
4. Earn the right to WIN.......

Please before you go to bed each night pray for my team. May I suggest my prayer," God, if you can't help us, PLEASE don't help them."

In case you don't know what a Football widow is.....

A football widow is a term for those who have a relationship with a Football Coach who pays more attention to the game than to their partner during the sport's season of play. Football widows are usually, but not always, women. Usually the "widow" has little interest in the sport themselves.

Although it is widely tolerated and not considered a serious disruption by many, dedication to following the sport (such as watching game broadcasts on television) can disrupt home life and the relationship between the couple in question.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I told the wife that this season is going to be way worse than last season. So, I guess I will see her, hopefully, around Christmas.

Peace.

Ripple said...

Hey Al, it's been awhile. I got a lot of catching up to do. I'l say a prayer for your team for sure. Hope it helps. For some reason, wife wife always understood this concept about football and basketball and music. She's never given me crap about that kinda stuff. I'll catch you later, man. I'm using my battery up so I can't stay too long right now.

Schmoop said...

Football, beer, brats...It's a great day to believe alive. Cheers Al!!