Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Pond makeover



The before photo.

I love sitting by the pond listening to the sound of water, especially after work with my favorite distiled water and a nice cigar.

I laid all the brick and even built the picnic table, with my own 9 fingers.











Another before photo. I haven't remodeled the pond for about 6 years.









The after photo. I took out one pump and replaced one. It uses WAY less electricity. Don't really like how the blue hose shows but it will have to-do for now.






Added a new waterfall with UV light, should help keep the algae under control.














Gave the fisherman a new beer can and lifted the old waterfall.










This is my buddy "turdy" He spent the first 12 years of his life in a High School science class room. The science teacher, Mr. Ed knew I had a pond and asked if I would take him. He adds a lot fun to the pond and I never allow pencils in the back yard, I figure he has had enough for one turtles life.

No comments: